Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My general obsession with fanfic

On some days I can't help myself: I have to read fanfic. It's one of the illegal pleasures when I should be writing...

I first discovered it on the web about 5 years ago and have been addicted ever since. I'm a sad SG-1, CSI obsessive, LOL There's also the odd Blake's 7/Voyager crossover, which is fun.

I realised that when I first started writing... far back into the mists of time *sigh*... that I wrote a form of fanfic. The characters were already set. And of course the heroines were total Mary Sue's *grin* But as an entry into learning how to write it was useful. It got me writing. It kept me writing. And me being about fourteen it was completely awful, LOL

I'm not going to share my early fandoms, though. The writing was bad enough *cringe*

I wish I could write fanfic, though. I can never make the characters canon. Kudos to those writers who can. And you know who you are... *grin*

It might me a good thing that I can't do it. It would be yet another distraction from getting my dragon story finished...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home