Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #1


Thirteen fictional villains who inspire me... Guess who's plotting right now?



So in no particular order...

1… Servalan - I was a Blake's 7 obsessed 10 yo. And having a villain in evening dress and high heels teetering about in a quarry was... unusual. The creation of Servalan has nothing to do with the rise of Margerat Thatcher, of course ;-)

2… Cybermen - old and very much new. They've always been my favourite Dr Who baddy.

3… Daleks - just because. Now they're a proper battle droid. *grin*

4… Livia - Yes, I'm heavily influenced by Robert Graves. But the endless machinations of the fictional Livia are impressive and compelling.

5… The Shadows - no not Cliff Richard's backing group... though, thinking about it Hank Marvin is pretty scary. The Shadows from Babylon 5. Evil with an unknown face and really cool ships.

6… Anubis - the Stargate villain, mainly because my 5yo reenacts the season 7 finale. Declaring 'I AM ANUBIS!' he stretches out his arms and lets his 2yo brother shoot him with his lego gun. Yes. I'm a bad influence.

7… The Enviroment - This probably goes back to my Blake's 7 watching. It started with a planet with sentient sand deciding to kill off Vila because Avon was the alpha male. It also inspired lust to make the others breed so the sand could live of their offspring. I love Blake's 7, hehe

8… Satan in Paradise Lost - The perfect villain, who's outlook colours his world... well, that's what I remember from college anyway. I just liked pandemonium *grin*

9… Family villains - betrayal by family members is always fun to write about. That has to be the Julio-Claudians again.

10… Augustus Carp - not so much a villain as an anti-hero, but for someone truly awful you can't do better *grin*

11… The Mayor - Season 3 of BtVS - I just loved his picky little ways while he happily slaughtered anyone in his way.

12… which led me to think of Iago . From A-Level and Degree English, I knew Othello inside and out. Iago is great at being completely two-faced.

13… And last, but not least, The Terribly Deep Thinkers - I've suffered through In Search of Santa more times than I can count. But these book-burning, intolerant, small-minded, evil penguins have grown on me.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Reading is good.

I have never gotten all the way through Paradise Lost.

15 March, 2007 07:59  
Blogger Uisce said...

your very first thirteen? welcome! mine's up!

15 March, 2007 08:31  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Great characters!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

15 March, 2007 09:04  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Welcome to Thursday Thirteen!

15 March, 2007 09:04  
Blogger Joan said...

Interesting and very unusual! Welcome to TT. Mine is also posted.

15 March, 2007 21:59  
Blogger impwork said...

So you're doing 13 x 2

15 March, 2007 22:23  
Blogger Two Voices Publishing said...

OMG, you watched Blake's 7? I thought I was the only one. Loved it! Especially the cheesy special effects. I loved The Tomorrow People, too.

22 March, 2007 16:06  
Blogger Kim Knox said...

I love the waggly hand in the opening credits of The Tomorrow People. And the music, as in most 60s/70s programmes was fab.

22 March, 2007 21:09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home